Wednesday, January 9, 2008

"Government should help my son"

As fashion designer Anand Jon languishes in jail in the US, after being accused of molestation, his mother Shashi Abraham has spoken exclusively to TIMES NOW. She has appealed to the Indian government to step in and help Anand Jon, who she says should be given a chance to fight his case.

"My son is innocent" - Shashi Abraham

"Anand has made India proud all these years. And he is not a person with a criminal record - and he has got his Indian values.

"Just based on allegation of a few girls, today he is prison. That is not right, there should be somebody to ask. We need justice here. Anand should be given a chance and defend himself.

"Everybody is asking me, why so many girls are coming - I have the same question to ask: Where were these two girls all this time?

"They are all aggressive and progressive girls - they know how to dial a 911 - but not even one single call... now suddenly, everybody is coming and saying this happened in 2001,2002, 2003, 2004, 2005. And still they were hanging around with him? Does that make any sense at all?

"He is a fashion designer. You can't accuse him saying he touched me here, touched me there. People get into this knowing fully well that the industry is like this - there is a lot of nudity, there is a lot of interaction between men and women. But my son is being accused of molestation and rape, which he is not capable of doing.

"I am sure that a lot of people would be watching this - We need everybody's help. And our Government has to - it must - step in. They have to ask the US government give our citizen a chance for a fair trial. For that he needs a bail which he can afford, and come out and fight. And he will prove his innocence,. Untill and unless a chance is given to him to come out and fight, it's very difficult, and I don't know whether we are going to get justice.

"I don't know, because I had great trust in the legal system there. But I am scared - I'm really scared with the way things are going - how one can just lock up somebody on allegations. It is high time - maybe our government has never stepped in into a case like this. But they should, Our voice should be heard. There is an innocent person, he needs justice."

(Appeared in Timesnow.tv)

No comments: